SSC CGL 2018 (T-1) English Paper Solution : 06 June 2019 Third Shift
In this article we have provided the solution of SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 paper solution. This paper was held on 6th of June 2019 in Third Shift. SSC CGL 2018 6th June 2019 Third Shift English Paper Solution.
SSC CGL 2018 Question Paper with Solution PDF
If you searching for solution of SSC CGL 2018 English Paper you are on right place. All the question and its answer of ssc cgl 2018 paper pdf here ssc cgl 2018 paper answer key with explanation has been provided.
ssc cgl 2018 question paper qmaths ssc cgl 2018 paper tier 2 ssc question paper 2018 in hindi ssc question paper 2018 with answer
Q.1: Select the correct passive form of the given sentence.
Show these visitors the butterfly farm.
- These visitors should be showed the butterfly farm.
- Let these visitors be showing the butterfly farm.
- You must show these visitors the butterfly farm.
- Let these visitors be shown the butterfly farm.
Q.2 : Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution is required select No improvement.
They didn’t see you, is it?
- No improvement
- did they
- wasn’t it
- have they
Q.3: Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order.
- What was supposed to be a holiday of a lifetime turned into a dangerous experience for 1300 passengers on a cruise ship off the coast of Norway.
- The Norwegian Government decided to evacuate the passengers with the help of helicopters.
- The ship broke down in rough seas and high speed winds caused it to rock heavily from side to side.
- From the first 371 evacuated passengers , 17 had to be taken to hospital.
Q.4: In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
The river Yamuna has many non-native species like goldfish that is affecting its ecosystem.
- its ecosystem
- The river Yamuna
- that is affecting
- has many non-native species
Q.5: Select the antonym of the given word.
Q.6: Select the word which means the same as the group of words given.
A family of young animals.
Q.7: Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
Butterflies in the stomach.
- Being excited
- Being nervous
- Being angry
- Being hungry
Q.8: Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order.
- It is one of the highly developed countries of the world.
- It stretches from the Atlantic Ocean in the East to the Pacific Ocean in the west.
- The USA consists of 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii.
- The United States of America (USA) is the 4th largest country in the world.
Q.9: Select the correct active form of the given sentence.
The injured were being removed to the hospital by the police.
- The police removed the injured to the hospital.
- The injured was removing the police to the hospital.
- The police was removing the injured to the hospital.
- The police has been removing the injured to the hospital
Q.10: Select the synonym of the given word.
Q.11 : In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
We will rest for sometime when we will reach the top.
- We will rest
- when we will
- reach the top
- for sometime
Q.12 : Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank.
The National war memorial is _________ to our Armed Forces.
Q.13 : Select the wrongly spelt word.
Q.14: Select the most appropriate word to fill in the blank.
A painting competition was help in the colony and Kavya was ______ winner in the age group 3-5 years.
Q.15 : Select the synonym of the given word.
Q.16: Select the word which means the same as the group of words given.
A person appointed by two parties to resolve a dispute.
Q.17: Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
Out of the woods.
- No longer in trouble
- No longer in sight
- No longer famous
- No longer young
Q.18 : Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution is required, select No improvement.
We have never seen so strong blizzard . The wind speed was 130 km/h.
- so strong the blizzard
- such strong a blizzard
- such a strong blizzard
- No improvement
Q.19 : Select the antonym of the given word.
Q. (20-24) : In the following passage some words have been deleted. Fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Select the most appropriate option for each blank.
Canada is three times the size of India (20) ____ its population is only about 26 million. The average (21) _____ of population is less than three persons per square kilometer (22) ______ Canada. The distribution of population is highly (23) ____ . Nearly 80% of the people (24) ______ in a narrow belt less than 300 kilometer wide along the southern border. The rest of the country has a very sparse population due to excessive cold.
Correct answer for (20) …
Correct answer for (21) …
Correct answer for (22) …
Correct answer for (23) …
Correct answer for (24) …
Q.25: Select the wrongly spelt word.