SSC CGL 2018 (T-1) English Paper Solution : 06 June 2019 Second Shift
In this article we have provided the solution of SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 paper solution. This paper was held on 6th of June 2019 in Second Shift. SSC CGL 2018 6th June 2019 Second Shift English Paper Solution.
SSC CGL 2018 Question Paper with Solution PDF
If you searching for solution of SSC CGL 2018 English Paper you are on right place. All the question and its answer of ssc cgl 2018 paper pdf here ssc cgl 2018 paper answer key with explanation has been provided.
ssc cgl 2018 question paper qmaths ssc cgl 2018 paper tier 2 ssc question paper 2018 in hindi ssc question paper 2018 with answer
Q.1: Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order.
- Canada accounts for nearly one-third of the world’s production of news print.
- Forest products, therefore, have been important export items of Canada for more than a century.
- A large part of Canada is covered with coniferous trees.
- Pulp and paper are the two most important forest products.
Q.2: Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution required, select No improvement.
The Head has been so busy to go through these files and resolve the matter.
- such busy to go through
- too busy to go through
- No improvement
- too so busy to go through
Q.3: Select the correct active form of the given sentence.
The wall of this park is being painted by children.
- Children are painting the wall of this park.
- The wall is painting children of this park.
- Children have been painting the wall of this park.
- Children painted the wall of this park.
Q.4: Select the synonym of the given word.
Q.5: Select the synonym of the given word.
Q.6: Select the antonym of the given word.
Q.7: Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
- A person who sleeps all day.
- A person who watches too much television.
- A person who remains relaxed and calm
- A person who is simple in nature.
Q.8: Select the wrongly spelt word.
Q.9 : Select the most appropriate option to fill the blank.
In many countries the ____ in pay for men and women is quite common, for example, in Germany women are pair 21 per cent less as compared to men.
Q.10: Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
Lead someone by the nose.
- to do the right thing
- To force someone to take the blame
- To dominate someone
- To quarrel with someone
Q.11: Select the wrongly spelt word.
Q.12 : Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution is required, select No improvement.
You won’t tell the secret, won’t you?
- No improvement
- would you
- will you
- isn’t it
Q. (13 – 17) : In the following passage some words have been deleted. Fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Select the most appropriate option for each blank.
In 1914 a war began in Europe which engulfed the entire world. The damage (13) by this war has no precedent in history. (14) the earlier wars, the civilian populations were (15) not involved and the casualties were mostly (16) to the warring armies. The war (17) began in 1914 was a total war in which all the resources of the warring states were mobilized.
Correct answer for (13) …
Correct answer for (14) …
Correct answer for (15) …
Correct answer for (16) …
Correct answer for (17) …
Q.18: Select the word which means the same as the group of words given.
Persons living at the same time.
Q.19 : Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank.
Catholics and Protestants have a long history of ___ in the Northern Ireland but volunteers from both communities came together to build the monument of Peace.
Q.20 : Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order.
- In China, thousands of people celebrated it.
- The Lunar New Year of the Pig began on 5th February.
- Others burned the first joss sticks of the year to bring them good fortune.
- Some performers re-enacted historical ceremonies.
Q.21: Select the correct passive form of the given sentence.
Take this suitcase upstairs.
- You are requested to take this suitcase upstairs.
- You must be taking this suitcase upstairs.
- This suitcase should be taken upstairs.
- Let this suitcase been taken upstairs
Q.22 : Select the antonym of the given word.
Q.23 : In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
I know the cobbler which mends the shoes outside the gate of our colony.
- I know the cobbler
- the shoes
- which mends
- outside the gate
Q.24 : In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
The street artist Satish Munjal has been painting this wall since the past one week.
- has been painting
- the street artist
- this wall
- since the past one week
Q.25 : Select the word which means the same as the group of words given.
Someone who believes that people cannot change the way events will happen.